Motorcycle Windshield Buying Guide...download it for free below. We all love the chrome, we all like the shiny ones, and we all want them on our bikes. But, there are many different types of motorcycle windshields, and each has its own benefits and shortcomings. So, when shopping around, you have to decide what is best for you. Just a word or two about each:
One - The cheapest is the fiberglass billet look. However, this material is so prone to cracking that it actually cracks and crumbles over time. In addition, it just looks kind of messy. This is the motorcycle windshield that's usually featured in a great video or featured on a website by someone that has no idea what they are talking about.
- You might find that the newest trend is the "spoilers". These are really neat, especially if you get one of the new "spoilster" kits that have a factory spoiler on the front of the bike and then you also get some nice Memphis shades that are in the back. The great thing about these new "spoilster" kits is that they almost look like factory front headlights and taillights with all of the proper wiring.
- A very popular option that most buyers see are the newer " Memphis Sash Window" kits. These are actually very cool looking. They basically look like the factory "Halo" type grilles that most factory headlights come with, but the difference is the material used. There are so many different types of material to choose from. And, since they are also pretty easy to install, most motorcycle riders will opt to purchase them instead of spending time, money, and pain installing them. Just be sure to follow your local regulations on installing this type of item.
- Another popular option... That's right, downloading music. Did you know that you can now download new songs to your iPod? This is becoming a very popular upgrade for riders everywhere. As long as you have a drivers guide, your iPod should do the job just fine... for a small fee of course!
OK, we've gone over some of the more popular upgrades. But there are also some less known options. One such item is the "Budget B", which is a cheap, but efficient way to upgrade your motorbike. This article looked at the budget B, and how it can help you save money on your motorbike windshield buying.
- If you're going to spend the money on a new windshield, don't forget about the glass. Even if it's a simple repair, having a clear and uninterrupted view of the road is important. Some manufacturers even offer tinted windows, but you don't have to buy these if you don't want to.
As you can see, there are lots of options when it comes to motorbike windshield buying. No longer are you limited to buying what everyone else is opting for. Thanks to the internet, you can look at all kinds of different models and even read reviews from other riders before making a purchase. If you keep these things in mind, you'll find the perfect motorbike window for your needs, at a price that won't bust your budget.
- You should also know that the shape of your motorbike window can actually make a difference as well. Most companies will customise the motorbike to fit their windows, but not all do. If you're going to use a standard dealership to buy from, be sure to ask if they can customise it for you. Some dealers can actually get a better deal this way, as some custom windows will include insulation for added strength, and they will be made out of stronger materials than regular windows. This can add years of life to your motorbike!
- You may also want to look at buying a motorbike window that is more robust. Often, this is achieved with tinted windows, and it's up to you to decide whether you want tinted windows or just a white window. Either way, you have to consider how strong it is, because it's not likely that you'll be putting any speed into the bike. A good idea is to make sure that it's securely in place and has no gaps in it. Even if you haven't had any accidents in recent history, you never know what might happen.
Take the time to research the best company to buy from and get the highest quality motorbike windshield for your money. This is a very important purchase, so take your time. Make sure that you're comfortable with the dealer that you choose, and try to see if you can negotiate a better price. The last thing that you want to do is sign up for the cheapest service and find out that it breaks as soon as you ride it out. Your safety is your responsibility, and this can make all the difference between riding comfortably and safely, and being uncomfortable for the rest of the evening.